Sunday, July 3, 2011

The First Year...




This is me jumping in, like a playful child into freshly fallen rain puddles:

My first year of motherhood has gone by in the blink of an eye. It has changed me for the better. It has made me even MORE passionate about life. It has given me the deeper yearning to celebrate the little things. (This is a simple summary, for being a mother has deeply impacted my soul inexplicably so.)

Mason's first year has been sufficiently documented in photo and home video mediums. However, I have been harboring feelings of regret when it comes to anecdotal writings. In attempt to "journal" the wonderful happenings of our days, this blog has come to fruition (along with the encourgament from some friends and my husband). I plan to share comical instances, heart-melting moments and the joys of being a wife and a mother. This is my electronic, social media, trendy/savvy way of documenting, the way we are "Living the Dream."

I'm not sure I can quite describe the cute, one-sided shoulder shrug and downward finger point Mason's uses when gesturing to his choice destination -- most times the food pantry. Or any of the other priceless mannerisms of his character, but I look forward to reviewing these blogs with fond recollection.

At thirteen months and four weeks, Mason enjoys making happy, nose-fully-crinkled, eyes squinted -- smiles, in which he displays his four top and four bottom toofers and perfect blond curls. (This face reminds me of a male version of Shirley Temple -- that's how sweet, innocent and captivating it is.)


When eating a blueberry he'll make the above described face as he "pops" it in between his teeth displaying his accomplishment for you to see!

During certain moments of play/wrestle time, Mason will let out a delighted shrill of anticipation before erupting into a full-blown belly giggle as we "rough him up a bit."

He'll move and groove, clapping his hands and shaking his head anytime there's a musical beat in the air.

Despite the daily required tasks, it's easy to find myself simply observing Mason. There's something so captivating and fascinating about being privy to viewing life through the eyes of your children. My husband, Matt, and I can have lengthy conversations about Mason and his discoveries.

In closing, I might add we're expecting another child come the middle of October. We're more than thrilled to give Mason the gift of a best friend, a sibling.

I look forward to composing more entries as our life unfolds, our funny bones are tickled and our "Living the Dream" continues. Matt and I have a one-of-a-kind relationship that allows us to work together, be extremely supportive of each other's interests and hobbies, love one another timelessly and raise a family with core values. Thank you for reading this and I hope you come back to catch up with us often. Peace and blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I am going to send you some fun links today. Happy 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete