Today God spoke to my heart, through a conversation, with our son, Lane. He will be three next month. It was lunchtime and Lane wanted croutons on his salad (just like his daddy).
-- Our conversation --
Mommy: Lane, can you grab the croutons down off of the shelf for me, please?
Lane: Yeah! I get it. I can get them.
(He opens the bi-fold pantry doors and realizes they are out of reach.)
Lane: I can't get it. I'm not big enough.
(He is disappointed by this current reality.)
(Without hesitation or doubt, I cheerfully respond, as I move in Lane's direction.)
Mommy: I will lift you up. I will help you reach!
It wasn't a moment later God said to me: This is what I do for you. I will always lift you up! I will always help you to reach!
Psalm 23 is one of the most said prayers of all times: The LORD is my shepherd. He leads me in paths of righteousness. I will fear no evil. I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Oh how He knows us! He knows how to speak to us! How to reach us! Yes, there's a good chance we've uttered Psalm 23 at least once or twice. Perhaps we've heard it in the movies. But God knows when we need to be reminded of it. And that's what He did today. He met me in my kitchen!!! He reassured me that my leap of faith wouldn't be with out His love, lifting and his helping me to reach. He is my shepherd. He leads me in the path of righteousness! Thank you Jesus!
In His Love,
Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment